The Pima Association of Governments (PAG) and Regional Transportation Authority (RTA) Citizens’ Advisory Committee (CAC) is developing a draft regional transportation plan for the greater Tucson region. The RTA Next plan would be funded by an extension of the RTA’s excise (sales) tax. A new plan and tax require voter approval. The current 20-year RTA plan and half-cent sales tax, approved in May 2006 by Pima County voters, are effective through June 2026.
The CAC is collaborating with the RTA Technical Management Committee on technical matters and will recommend a draft RTA Next plan to the RTA Board for approval and eventual voter consideration.
Development of the new plan is a public-driven effort. Once the CAC prepares a draft plan, the RTA will conduct broad public outreach to seek feedback on the plan before the CAC recommends a final draft to the RTA Board.
All meetings are open to the public.
- Meeting Documents and RTA Library
- CAC Transit Element Subcommittee
- CAC Bylaws
- CAC Fact Sheet
- Committee Fact Sheets
- CAC Guiding Principles for future RTA plan development
CAC Document Library
- RTA CAC 2022-10-03 Agenda — October 03, 2022
- RTA CAC 2022-10-03 Meeting Packet — October 03, 2022
- RTA CAC 2022-10-03 Legal Action Items — October 03, 2022
- RTA CAC 2022-09-19 PAG Evaluation Tool Overview — September 19, 2022
- RTA CAC 2022-09-19 Meeting Summary — September 19, 2022
- RTA CAC 2022-09-19 Agenda — September 19, 2022
- RTA CAC 2022-09-19 Meeting Packet — September 19, 2022
- RTA CAC 2022-09-19 Legal Action Items — September 19, 2022
- RTA CAC 2022-08-15 Legal Action Items - Amended — August 15, 2022
- RTA CAC 2022-08-15 Meeting Summary - Amended — August 15, 2022