The Pima Association of Governments (PAG) and Regional Transportation Authority (RTA) Citizens’ Advisory Committee (CAC) is developing a draft regional transportation plan for the greater Tucson region. The RTA Next plan would be funded by an extension of the RTA’s excise (sales) tax. A new plan and tax require voter approval. The current 20-year RTA plan and half-cent sales tax, approved in May 2006 by Pima County voters, are effective through June 2026.
The CAC is collaborating with the RTA Technical Management Committee on technical matters and will recommend a draft RTA Next plan to the RTA Board for approval and eventual voter consideration.
Development of the new plan is a public-driven effort. Once the CAC prepares a draft plan, the RTA will conduct broad public outreach to seek feedback on the plan before the CAC recommends a final draft to the RTA Board.
All meetings are open to the public.
- Meeting Documents and RTA Library
- CAC Transit Element Subcommittee
- CAC Project Tool Evaluation Working Group
- CAC Bylaws
- Committee Fact Sheets
- CAC Guiding Principles for RTA Plan Development Approved 01-13-20
- CAC Guiding Principles for RTA Plan Development Revisions Adopted 08-15-22
CAC Document Library
- RTA CAC 2023-03-20 Agenda — March 20, 2023
- RTA CAC 2023-03-20 Meeting Packet — March 20, 2023
- RTA CAC 2023-03-06 Draft Meeting Summary — March 06, 2023
- RTA CAC 2023-03-06 Item 5 Presentation — March 06, 2023
- RTA CAC 2023-03-06 Meeting Packet — March 06, 2023
- RTA CAC 2023-03-06 Meeting Agenda — March 06, 2023
- RTA CAC 2023-03-06 Legal Actions — March 06, 2023
- RTA CAC 2023-02-21 Meeting Agenda — February 21, 2023
- RTA CAC 2023-02-21 Item 5 CAC Transit Element Subcommittee Update — February 21, 2023
- RTA CAC 2023-02-21 Meeting Packet — February 21, 2023
- Next Page »